Wednesday, July 13, 2011

St.-Jacques, NB to Jackman, ME

This was the return day on my trip to the northeastern-most corner of the USA.  I saw more trees and a lot of potato fields.

A word to all wise Floridians:  If you go through the US border checkpoint at Matawaska, Maine, you can expect to be pulled over for the full treatment.  It happened to Judge Laura Melvin a few days ago and it happened to me.  The guard only asked me a couple of questions, and then her mic said, "do you see the license?"  She replied yes and told me to pull behind the building.  It wasn't bad; it just took a while.  Then a few miles down the road I got a call that I had left my camera in the motel room.  Do I go back through two more border crossings or just chuck it on the camera?  Does a bear stink up the woods?  I went for the camera.  Fortunately, when I came back through the Matawaska checkpoint the guards remembered me and waived me through.

Mileage: 353.  Cumulative mileage: 5,177.