Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Trip to California and Along Central Coast

I traveled to California to visit my parents in San Luis Obispo.  I do this about every three or four months to assist them with their living needs and just to visit with them.  They live in Garden Creek, an assisted living facility.  They are doing fine.

On the last day of my trip I drove along California Highway One, the Pacific Coast Highway, from San Luis Obispo to Monterey.  This is a very scenic stretch of road that is almost always in sight of the ocean, though the road rises several times along sheer cliffs up to a height of as much as 750 feet.

Starting with Morro Rock in the south, here are some pictures I took along the way:

Wildflowers on beach dunes

Morro Rock from the North

Cypress Tree Silhouetted Against the Sky


Elephant Seals Near San Simeon

Elephant Seals Sunning on Beach

Add caption








Scenery Along 17 Mile Drive



Lone Cypress at Pebble Beach

Scenery Along 17 Mile Drive

Scenery Along 17 Mile Drive