Monday, September 12, 2011

Trip to Washington DC

I am planning a trip to Washington DC to view some museums and memorials, mostly on the National Mall.  I will be there from September 25 to October 1.  This is my tentative sightseeing schedule:

Monday, September 26    
     National Museum of Natural History
Tuesday, September 27
     US Holocaust Memorial Museum
     Trek around Tidal Basin and West Mall viewing Memorials
Wednesday, September 28
     US Capitol Visitor Center
     US Botanic Garden
     National Air and Space Museum
     Hirshhorn Museum
Thursday, September 29
     National Building Museum
     National Arboretum
Friday, September 30
     National Museum of American History

After that I may travel to New York City for a couple of days to visit the American Museum of Natural History.

I have been reading a college textbook titled Historical Geology by Reed Wicander and James S. Monroe to fill in my knowledge of geology and evolution.  Hence, the interest in natural history museums.